CIRCA 1928 - a spa hotel
It took far too long for the former bank building in Dean Street, Albury, with its guardian like columns, to welcome its “soul partner” in terms of a tenant. Now, some 91 years after it was built, CIRCA 1928 – a spa hotel – fits like hand in glove within the building, on the tree lined “Paris end” of regional Australia’s most stylish city. The third location for CIRCA Hotels is the culmination of a seven year evolution to bring about Australia’s first “spa hotel”, which sees a day spa headlining the offering, ahead of the equally opulent hotel accommodation.
The nine month, basement to ceiling restoration, that has once again been a blank canvas for the unique design that is the hallmark of each CIRCA hotel or spa, sees the five spacious day spa treatment rooms instil the whole property with an ambience that is reflected throughout the commodious hotel suites, the retail area and art gallery. The day spa provides a full range of treatments, including baths in huge hand-beaten copper tubs and the V Spa, where traditional Indonesian “ratus” treatments are provided, exclusively for ladies, either singly or in groups of up to six.
At CIRCA 1928, care for hotel guests goes beyond just great accommodation. It embraces a genuine concern for the well-being of every guest, and as such, almost all hotel tariffs are inclusive of a health oriented breakfast and food and beverage refreshments in the Lounge between 5pm and 7pm, special rates on day spa treatments, instructed yoga, pilates or exercise workout and a host of other less than conventional extras.
CIRCA 1928 aims to strive beyond good and better, to be the best, to deliver "exceptional" with this bold new concept of luxury hotel keeping in Australia – a spa hotel.
Terms & Conditions
CIRCA 1928 is a Non Smoking property.
Pets of any description other than Assist Dogs are prohibited.
There is no extra charge for ONE small child, when sharing a room with their parents in the existing bedding of one super king size bed.
Each Suite has a day bed or couch suitable for a child, which we will prepare for sleeping at evening turn down, at a charge of $25 per stay.
We ask for that your children also respect the tranquility of the hotel and privacy of other guests.
Portable bedding in Suites is allowed in the case of bedding for an infant (less than 2 years of age), but prior permission must be sought.
Any damage caused to the property will be charged for, including odours caused by smoking in Suites.
Guests of Guests
No persons other than those originally booked may access the guest suites at any time unless with the specific approval of the Manager.
• GST inclusive in all rates. One nights accommodation is payable to confirm booking. The credit card supplied at booking may or may not be charged immediately, but by accepting this confirmation, Circa 1928 is entitled to charge the agreed deposit at any time prior to arrival.
• Bookings for Peak periods: Good Friday to Easter Monday inclusive: Christmas Eve until January 11th: All NSW and Victorian School Holidays and Public Holidays on the night before and night of must be paid in full at time of booking.
• Bookings cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival date will incur a cancellation fee equal to the first nights accommodation.
• Bookings cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival or a non-arrival of guests, will incur a cancellation fee equal to the full value of the booking.
• Discounted rates or special package offers are NON REFUNDABLE in part or in full.
• Consideration may be given for flexibility of this policy due to exceptional circumstances at the discretion of management.