CIRCA 1936 COROWA
CIRCA 1936, is located on the tree lined main street of Corowa, the “birthplace of Australian Federation”, and housed within the historic art deco environs of the former Rural Bank of NSW. While the bank vault no longer protects the riches that were reaped from the sheep and wheat harvests, CIRCA 1936 does uphold and protect the rich and vibrant story of almost a century in the life of a typical Australian rural town and the stunning architectural features of its heritage building.
As you enter the doors of CIRCA 1936, the stunning pressed metal ceilings and art deco features are only overshadowed by the smiles and warmth of the greeting from the CIRCA staff. Whether it is sitting in the The Lounge beside the bank vault, or enjoying a glass of wine in the bar that now occupies the bank manager’s office, you can imagine the dreams, aspirations, apprehension and heartbreak that the walls have witnessed as customers went about their daily finances. These same walls are no longer witness to the anxiety caused by the pound or the dollar, but to a relaxed and refined atmosphere and features of a luxury hotel: design furniture and stunning art pieces, coffee aromas, plump feather pillows on crisp linen, quality amenities and most importantly genuine hospitality and efficient service. We look forward to welcoming you "to join us for a moment at CIRCA 1936".
19th century service | 20th century style | 21st century facilities
Come and visit
"The Robert Klein-Boonshate Exhibition"
@CIRCA 1936 Art Hotel Corowa
Terms & Conditions
CIRCA 1936 is a Non Smoking property.
Pets of any description other than Assist Dogs are prohibited.
There is no extra charge for ONE small child, when sharing a room with their parents in the existing bedding of one super king size bed.
We ask for that your children also respect the tranquility of the hotel and privacy of other guests.
Portable bedding in Suites is allowed in the case of bedding for an infant (less than 2 years of age), but prior permission must be sought.
Any damage caused to the property will be charged for, including odours caused by smoking in Suites.
Guests of Guests
No persons other than those originally booked may access the guest suites at any time unless with the specific approval of the Manager.
• GST inclusive in all rates. One nights accommodation is payable to confirm booking. The credit card supplied at booking may or may not be charged immediately, but by accepting this confirmation, Circa 1936 is entitled to charge the agreed deposit at any time prior to arrival.
• Bookings for Peak periods: Good Friday to Easter Monday inclusive: Christmas Eve until January 11th: All NSW and Victorian School Holidays and Public Holidays on the night before and night of must be paid in full at time of booking.
• Bookings cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival date will incur a cancellation fee equal to the first nights accommodation.
• Bookings cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival or a non-arrival of guests, will incur a cancellation fee equal to the full value of the booking.
• Discounted rates or special package offers are NON REFUNDABLE in part or in full.
• Consideration may be given for flexibility of this policy due to exceptional circumstances at the discretion of management.